Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Heart (Adopted!)

* * * UPDATE * * *
March 2013
Heart has been adopted by wonderful Laura in Canada! 
Here he was, about to board an airplane to cross the ocean...


...and here he is, just after arrival, being driven to his new home. He was enjoying cuddles in the lap of one of his loving new family members!

 

Mom reports that all continues to go beautifully. 
Heart is happy, well-adjusted, and affectionate - and he loves his new kitty sister, too. Music to our ears!



Welcome to your new life, Heart!


Thank you to all who have made this possible, from Patarin, who secured veterinary care for Heart and who fostered him when he was on the road to healing; to Dawn at ISDF who facilitated his adoption with his forever people; to kind-hearted international supporters who generously donated to help cover his costs; to Heart's adoring new family who welcomed him home with open arms.
....................
My name is Heart.

My tale is a sad one...but it has a happy ending. 

One day, when I was still very small, some cruel humans 
affixed a rubber band tightly around my muzzle 
and left me to suffer slowly and die.


I was so little - around five months old, really just a baby - that I can't 
even remember what I did to upset them so much. Maybe it was my puppy 
yips that annoyed them - but I only cried because I was hungry, scared, 
and lonesome. Or maybe it was because I was so small, naive, and trusting - 
an easy target for those bent on inflicting cruelty upon the innocent.
I only know that as the days passed, and my pain grew, I suffered silently. 
could hardly open my mouth to eat or drink anything, and I grew thin quickly. 
I could not pant and suffered terribly in the heat. It was the height of my life's 
growth spurt, so as my body quickly changed and grew, and as my muzzle 
continued to swell, the rubber band ate deeper and deeper into 
my pain-ridden flesh. 


A few months ago, just when I had given up all hope, some kind 
people took pity on me and brought me to the attention of my angel on earth, 
Patarin Phadungpisuth. 
She brought me to a veterinary clinic, and at long last, I was freed from that 
awful elastic band that had held me in its vise grip for so long. The pain was 
still unimaginable, but with time, love, and excellent veterinary care, my muzzle 
has slowly begun to mend. 


I am learning to trust again, and to believe that not all humans are as 
cruel as the ones I encountered, once upon a time, when I was just an 
innocent, happy puppy.
I am finally on the road to complete healing...not just that of my flesh - -


 - - but also of my heart. 
Thank you for reading my story. 
A special thank you to all who have taken part in writing my happy ending.
Love,
HEART

2 comments:

  1. Izumi,your stories warm the heart and give hope to the ones who at one time had none.Thank you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - thanks to YOU! For reading our blog and for helping to spread the word with your many kind shares! And for everything else you do!! =)
    And thanks for helping Bailey, too - a HUGE thank you! That so warmed my heart, as well!
    Hugs to you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete